Monday, April 17, 2017

Privacy

Who among us has not seen some kind of report of how we are constantly being followed.  These days, due to social media, people are giving their future bosses, friends, spouses, the government, and basically anyone in the world a look into their private lives.  As a former detective for the Military Police in the IDF I can say that we too used this information.  I would personally look into the social media of every person I was to interrogate and legally receive information about them that would later on be vital to persecuting them.  It is shocking how people share even illegal things on their social media accounts.  For this same reason I myself block the view of my social media accounts to everyone but my friends, as I am not interested in having the world take a look at me.  Regardless of how much work we can put into remaining private through social media it is very difficult to remain that way, and there is really no reason to further explain.  With this amazing tool we have access to as marketers who can use new media to obtain all the information we can about our consumers, down to who they are, where they are, and what they like, we can also fail to remain private as consumers.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that new media affects privacy is inevitable. Once we upload or share things online, we no longer have control over our private lives. But, I like the way you used your past profession to further enhance the importance of privacy and how it is manipulated by new media, changing the way we live our daily lives. We must become more vigilant and alert of our social activities and due to new media, we are at a disadvantage because the human mind is a loyal consumer to the social platform.

    ReplyDelete