Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Creativity and New Media

A little while back I decided to make my saltwater reefing addiction into my work.  I never actually ended up doing that but my first step was to imitate what I saw as new media by the big reefing companies such as Bulk Reef Supply and Marine Depot and create a Youtube channel.  My goal on this channel was to do some product reviews and share some things I learned along the way while participating in this hobby.  I figured since I did not yet have the resources to actually create a store I could begin with this channel, accumulate some followers, and then use these videos to promote my own company.  The truth is I never took it completely seriously and it can be seen on the videos.  Here is a link to my most popular product review, of a fan you can use to cool the aquarium during the warm summer days.  Surprisingly without any other promotion and without a popular page I did reach around 3,000 views, which compared to other product reviews on Youtube for this same product is very high, making it one of the most viewed ones.  I achieved this by thinking like a consumer.  When I was researching this product myself I went to youtube for advice, only to find a few short clips that didn't help much.  I made a list of what I would have wanted to know prior to purchasing this product and used that list to make the most informative video possible.  Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgKcKWiLvlw

No comments:

Post a Comment